Thursday, November 02, 2006

IL2006

I just returned (well, a week ago) from Internet Librarian 2006. It was interesting to revisit the conference after having been in my position for a full year, being more comfortable with my traveling companion, and being in touch with all the "cool kids" via their blogs all year.

If you've been reading this blog consistently (and I think that's pretty much just you, Jennifer) you'll remember that I started this blog after Internet 2005, because I came back so fired up about all the technology that we librarians should embrace. (And then I abandoned the blog to have a baby.)

Well, I'm still fired up and going to the conference reminded me of the fact that we need to stay on top of things. But...

Well... Either my skills are improving or last year was anomaly because I had been so clueless about all this stuff before the 2005 conference. This year I truly felt like I could've presented some of sessions. And maybe that's enough in itself. Or maybe I need to find away to know about this stuff without waiting for a yearly conference, so I can be the presenter.

Anyway, see the Impromptu Librarian for summaries of most of the sessions I attended. She had a laptop, and mine just got ordered today...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who me? I guess that was me.
Happy to oblige.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home