Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Further Library insights gathered from my husband...

Last week, I got a call from my husband. I'd suggested that on one of his days alone with our daughter a visit the local library's storytime would be fun.

He called to tell me, 1) that I'd not gotten our overdue materials taken care of and 2) That he was the only guy at storytime and he felt like he'd been the only guy EVER to visit storytime, based on the reaction he received.

I thought it was pretty funny. Generally, when I was still doing them, my storytime parents were moms, but we did have some dads. I do generally think of them as "storytime moms," though.

Anyway, later that night, he and I were discussing it further and he revealed that he'd attended the storytime in all camo, save for his blaze orange hat. Hmmm... sure it was the fact that you're male that got stares?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home