Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 10

The best part of the wiki concept is its use for the collaborative stuff we all work on. I talked to a library that is using a wiki to store all the library forms and various pieces of building-wide information they want all staff to know about. Hearing that made me think about all the notebooks we used to have at our reference desk and how hard they were to stay up with. A wiki sounds like a much better option. I edited the 23 Things wiki for this exercise, although I have edited other wikis in the past, as well.

I don't think banning Wikipedia is a good idea. I enjoy using Wikipedia for basic, entry level information before I travel on to more authoritative sources. User education seems like a much smarter alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home