Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 20

I have a confession to make-- I think I'm becoming a Facebook addict. I have started checking it several times a day, just to see what people are up to.

My involvement started small-- creating a profile to sort of show a coworker. Then I found one of my friends, and another, and another. The next thing I knew, I was doing almost all of my communication with my babysitters in Facebook. Then my relatives started talking about Christmas, getting some anticipation going before the big event. Then more people I knew started using the status updates, and I had to visit the page regularly to see how their status had changed. Yes, I see the appeal.

I also see how many places are using this to build events-- from races, to social causes. There is great potential here for the right person to tap into and create some good promotional buzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home