Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 14

I tried out LibraryThing a couple of years ago. I like the stuff they have there, but not so much that I've been active in the site. In fact, I remembered my username and password, but I didn't have any items remaining.

I'd heard about this happening before, and it is one of the things that makes me nervous about the use of LibraryThing as a replacement for a catalog-- it is meant to be just like all of these other social networking sites, meaning they can't store your content forever and once you catalog things on their site, they are the ones in control of the information.

I am much more interested in the LibraryThing for Libraries and stopped by the booth at PLA to talk to them about the content they can add into your catalog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home